Facilities management is a difficult task, and is usually only one of the many responsibilities of a mid-level manager, or business owner. Finding strategic partners to help you manage your space is an essential part of keeping your area safe and usable for patrons. In today’s post, we will look at the necessary reasons to knowing your lighting component data.
Lighting Component Data
Before we dive into the reason to know and understand this data let’s first describe what lighting component data is. Lighting component data is the technical details about your lighting, things like: how high your parking and area lighting poles are, the type of lighting that you have in your facility, and the type of ballasts that are illuminating your lighting.
Reasons to Know Your Lighting Component Data
Often times business owners or facility managers partner with national lighting service providers to manage their lighting for them. In this case, it’s imperative that the service provider knows and understands this data, for the following reasons:
- Efficiency Upgrades – By knowing this lighting component data the service provider can better assess your lighting environment and recommend lighting efficiency upgrades. These upgrades will very easily help you to save money, improve your lighting performance and reduce maintenance costs.
- Eliminate the need for surveys – If the service provider is collecting pertinent component data on lighting type, ballasts, ceiling height, pole length etc.… this will eliminate the need to pay for a survey of your lighting environments to do an energy-efficient upgrade.
- Speed of Maintenance – By collecting component data throughout the process, the national service provider will be able to decrease downtime. Technicians will always have the equipment and tools that they need to complete the repair to the lighting.
- Eliminate the Need for Return Trips – As a corollary to the speed of maintenance, is the fact that collecting component data will eliminate the need for return trips to the repair site. Technicians will have the proper information up-front and will install the correct lighting the first service visit.
- Eliminates the Need for Inventory Storage – In some cases the facility or store manager may inventory lamps and ballasts. By working with a national lighting service provider that captures your lighting component data you eliminate the need to have a manager manage that inventory. This allows your store managers to focus on their core competencies of running the day to day operations versus managing lighting inventory.
In conclusion, we know the many reasons to capture lighting component data in your facility. From a strictly business perspective, it helps you to eliminate costs from your model, speed the repair and maintenance process, and keep a safe and inviting environment for your patrons. If you would like to find out more about how Action Services Group can help your company manage your lighting reach out to us here, we would be happy to speak with you about your business goals. Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you. Contact us by calling 610-558-9773, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or schedule a call that fits your needs by clicking the button below.